Stress is one of the most common causes of illness and disease that exists. Many health problems begin with emotional and physical stress, so it is important to relax as often as possible. Here are 5 simple ways that anyone can use to relax throughout the day:
- While you are driving turn off the radio and focus on your breath. It is so easy to waste the time we spend in the car listening to the radio or getting frustrated by the traffic instead use that time to make yourself feel better.
- When you are working on the computer occasionally bring your attention to your shoulders and relax them as you take a deep breath. A sign saying relax somewhere on your monitor will help you to remember to do this.
- During the day choose a moment when you aren’t busy and close your eyes as tightly as you can and then relax them completely. This is a good way to wring out all the tension from your eyes.
- While you are sitting on the sofa take a moment and exhale all the air out of your lungs and then take a deep breath in and hold it for about 10 seconds then exhale. Do this 3 times.
- While you are lying in bed do a progressive relaxation. Start by relaxing your toes and move all the way up through your legs and into your chest relaxing all the different muscles as you go until you get to the top of your head. Repeat as necessary.
You will find that the more you do these things the better you will feel, and your stress levels will quickly diminish. Relaxation is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself because it will affect every area of your life for the better.